When it comes to styling a beautiful Hamptons style bathroom, draw your inspiration from classic bathroom tiles and vanities with vintage-style taps and fittings. With the right Hamptons décor, you can convert your bathroom or ensuite into an elegant escape from the modern world that won’t ever date.
Have a look at some of these amazing bathrooms:
1. Follow the lead from the rest of your Hamptons style home and stick to soothing colours in the bathroom. With the majority of the wall palette light and bright, you can always pack a punch with a dark colour for the floor.
2. There is a certain touch of class when it comes to soaking in a deep bath at the end of a long day. Choose between a clawfoot tub that oozes yesteryear charm or from a range of traditional and contemporary-shaped freestanding baths. Whether it is a contemporary design or classic clawfoot style, a freestanding bath is essential for any Hamptons style bathroom.
3. Traditional Hamptons lighting choices in the bathroom are wall sconces set on the sides of the mirror or around the room. Sconces are available in a wide range of finishes from antique silver, nickel or brass. Choose one that complements the other fixtures in your bathroom. Beautiful glass pendants hung from the ceiling are also a popular choice.
4. Victorian heritage tap sets are a favourite for Hamptons style homes. Lever handles and beautifully shaped spouts add a touch of charm to the bathroom sink. Choose a brushed metal look such as platinum, nickel, antique brass, or if you like the shiny look, there’s chrome.
5. These traditional Hamptons bathroom vanities have the Shaker style profile on the cabinet drawers and doors. The bevelled edges and exposed hinges give your cabinets some history. Drawer and door handles and pulls are made of classic metals. An undermount basin will keep the focus on your vanity, benchtop and fittings.
6. Subway tiles bring a timeless and elegant look to any bathroom. Just at home in the bathroom as it is in the kitchen, the subway is a great option because of its cost-effectiveness and clean look. We recommend choose a white, grey or marble-look tile
7. If you want a patterned tile either as a feature or throughout the bathroom, choose from soft muted greys and creams. Some intricate patterns look more like wallpaper than tiles. The other option is a white tile with raised texture for interest.
8. The right accessories will add the perfect finishing touches to your bathroom. Keep your window treatment simple with white shutters. Finish the vanity with some foliage or flowers and a classic soap dispenser. Your mirror can be rectangular or circular with a bevel edge for maximum old world charm. Choose crisp white or light grey towels.
9. When designing your new home, save some floor space for your bathrooms. A light and airy space will make it feel like a spa retreat. If you don’t have a huge amount of floor space, lift the height of the ceiling and use windows and skylights to let in as much natural light as possible.
If you would like find out more about building a stunning Hamptons style bathroom or ensuite at your home, call Alex on (08) 9381 4174 or contact us.